Foreign language assistants in France [fr]
Would you like to work in France?
Would you like to improve your level of French and your knowledge of France? Meet new people? Share your culture and language with French people?
Would you like to contribute to the development of exchanges between students, teachers and pupils?
Do you want to have an impact on life in a French classroom?
Do you require this type of experience for your future career?
For detailed information please go to: http://www.ciep.fr/en/foreign-language-assistants-in-france
Applying from Jamaica or the Bahamas
Please click on "this application form" to obtain your application form which you will complete and submit to us online between Wednesday, October 3rd and Friday, December 21, 2018.
All support documentation should also be submitted online with your application form.
Please go to the relevant link below and download the application form:
● From Jamaica;
● From the Bahamas.
Completed application forms should be sent at JamBahAssistantdeLangue@hotmail.com, by December 21, 2018, at the latest.
Support documents you will need
1. A photocopy of your passport, valid up to December 2020 (photo page, with passport number and signature of candidate).
2. Proof of registration for the academic year 2018-2019 from the relevant tertiary institution.
3. A certified copy of the most recent transcript or diploma obtained.
4. A valid police record.
5. Proof that candidates who are married or have children will be free to travel and reside in France for the relevant period.
Short-listed applicants will be advised of the dates and times for their interviews, which will take place before a panel of judges, at the French Embassy, during the month of January 2019, and will be conducted in both French and English.
The foreign language assistant programme is open to all candidates who:
- come from one of the 60 partner countries (bilateral agreements or international obligations) ;
- are native speakers of the language to be taught in France (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish) ;
- have completed their secondary education and are enrolled in higher education in the country from which they are applying ;
- are aged between 20 and 30 years old at the point of their arrival in France. The age range agreed between the partner countries is in line with the programme’s general objectives and the assistant’s specific profile.
- are enrolled in and attending a university at the time of application. Students from the Alliance Française, and similar institutions, will also be considered ;
- have successfully completed studies equivalent to the 2nd year (L2) of the French Licence (bachelor’s degree) at the point of their arrival in France (depending on country) ;
- possess a good knowledge of the French language (B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
We would ask candidates to check the specific rules applicable to their country of origin as variations exist.
Candidates from outside the European Union must be in possession of a passport which is valid until December 2020.
Successful applicants will need to take up their assignments in France starting October 1, 2019.
You will need to apply for a long-stay French visa which, unfortunately, can no longer be issued in Jamaica. The Embassy of France in Washington is now responsible for this process. Applicants will find all the information about it on the website of the French Embassy.
Candidates will be paid for teaching in France but will be expected to support themselves financially during the first month or two of their stay in France, until all the necessary paperwork has been submitted and the first monthly salary can be paid.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your applications!
This time abroad will prove to be a wonderful opportunity. Embrace it!