Foreign language assistants in France
Would you like to work in France ?
Would you like to improve your level of French and your knowledge of France ? Meet new people ? Share your culture and language with French people ?
Would you like to contribute to the development of exchanges between students, teachers and pupils ?
Do you want to have an impact on life in a French classroom ?
Do you require this type of experience for your future career ?
For detailed information please go to : http://www.ciep.fr/en/foreign-language-assistants-in-france
Applying from Jamaica or the Bahamas
Please go to the relevant links below and download the application form :
Please click on "Completed Application forms" to obtain your application form which you will complete and submit to us between Monday, December 11 and Friday, December 22, 2017 (Deadline extended to : January 5, 2018) .
All support documentation should also be submitted with your application form.
Completed application forms should be left at (sent to, in the case of the Bahamian applicants) the security post of the Embassy of France in Kingston, Jamaica, by January 5, 2018 (Embassy of France in Jamaica, 13 Hillcrest Avenue, Kingston 6, Jamaica West Indies).
What you will need
Application form, to be completed and submitted in duplicate.
The application form (pages 2 to 8) comprises :
- Application form (pages 2 to 5) with a passport size photograph (5cm x 5cm) affixed to each copy. The candidate’s name should be written on the back of each photo. Use a paper clip to affix the photo. Do not glue.
- Two language proficiency evaluation forms (originals with the university/ institution stamp) completed by university/institution educators who have taught the candidate. (pages 6 & 7)
- A medical certificate (page 8).
Supporting documents to be attached to the application form, in duplicate.
1. A photocopy of your passport, valid up to December 2019 (photo page, with passport number and signature of candidate) or of a valid ID card, in the case of applicants who are residents of the European Union.
2. Proof of registration for the academic year 2017-2018) from the relevant tertiary institution.
3. A certified copy of the most recent transcript or diploma obtained.
4. A police record obtained no longer than three months before the date of submission.
5. Proof that candidates who are married or have children will be free to travel and reside in France for the relevant period.
Short-listed applicants will be advised of the dates and times for their interviews, which will take place before a panel of judges, at the French Embassy, during the month of January 2018, and will be conducted in both French and English.
The foreign language assistant programme is open to all candidates who :
- come from one of the 60 partner countries (bilateral agreements or international obligations) ;
- are native speakers of the language to be taught in France (Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish) ;
- have completed their secondary education and are enrolled in higher education in the country from which they are applying ;
- are aged between 20 and 30 years (35 years in the case of Jamaica and the Bahamas) ;
The age range agreed between the partner countries is in line with the programme’s general objectives and the assistant’s specific profile.
- are enrolled in and attending a university at the time of application. Students from the Alliance Française, and similar institutions, will also be considered ;
- have successfully completed studies equivalent to the 2nd year (L2) of the French Licence (bachelor’s degree) either at the time of application or at the point of their arrival in France (depending on country) ;
- possess a good knowledge of the French language (B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
We would ask candidates to check the specific rules applicable to their country of origin as variations exist.
Candidates from outside the European Union must be in possession of a passport which is valid until December 2018.
Successful applicants will need to take up their assignments in France starting October 1, 2018.
You will need to apply for a long-stay French visa which, unfortunately, can no longer be issued in Jamaica. The Embassy of France in Panama is now responsible for this process and applicants must go physically to Panama. .
Candidates will be paid for teaching in France but will be expected to support themselves financially during the first month of their stay in France, until all the necessary paperwork has been submitted and the first monthly salary can be paid.
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your applications.
This time abroad will prove to be a wonderful opportunity. Embrace it !